Master Plans (Comprehensive Facilities Plan)
RFP and Presentation Schedules for Comprehensive Facilities Plans
The Board of Trustees Policy 6.4 obligates colleges and universities to update their facilities plans on a five year cycle.The schedule below identifies the current status of Comprehensive Facilities Plans for our colleges and universities, and the expected dates to kick off the process by hiring a facilities planning consultant and a targeted date for completion and presentation.
Comprehensive Facilities Plan Guidelines and Resources
Effective Date: For all Comprehensive Facilities Plans started after September 1, 2015
Audience: Architects, related vendors, and college/university staff members involved in the comprehensive facilities planning process
Purpose: All MnSCU campuses are obligated to update their comprehensive facilities plans (formerly known as "Master Plans") on a 5 year cycle.
- Process Guide. Start here for a brief overview of the Comprehensive Planning Process, including key milestones.
- Developing an RFP for Comprehensive Facilities Plans
- Facilities Plan RFP Template. Please contact Michelle Gerner, Michelle.email@example.com for the latest RFP template.
- Guidelines. Comprehensive facilities plan update guide providing checklists, examples and guidance for each section of the plan document.
- Review Form Form the system office uses to evaluate campus facilities master plans at various stages of the process.
- Presentation Guide. A brief overview of what to expect when presenting your final plan to the system office.
- Master Plan Update 2005-2015. Replaced September 1, 2015 with current guide.
- Master Plan Update 2004 Guide. Version 2004.
As the comprehensive facilities planning process gets started, below are some published guidelines for reference.