Master Plans (Comprehensive Facilities Plan)
RFP and Presentation Schedules for Comprehensive Facilities Plans
The Board of Trustees Policy 6.4 obligates colleges and universities to update their facilities plans on a five year cycle. The schedule below identifies the current status of Comprehensive Facilities Plans for our colleges and universities, and the expected dates to kick off the process by hiring a facilities planning consultant and a targeted date for completion and presentation.
Comprehensive Facilities Plan Guidelines and Resources
For all Comprehensive Facilities Plans started after September 1, 2015
Audience: Architects, related vendors, and college/university staff members involved in the comprehensive facilities planning process
Purpose: All MnSCU campuses are obligated to update their comprehensive facilities plans (formerly known as "Master Plans") on a 5 year cycle.
- Process Guide. Start here for a brief overview of the Comprehensive Planning Process, including key milestones.
- Update Guidelines. Comprehensive facilities plan update guide providing checklists, examples and guidance for each section of the plan document.
- Presentation Guide. A brief overview of what to expect when presenting your final plan to the system office.
Below are other resources that supplement the comprehensive planning process.
- Initiating a Comprehensive Facilities Plan RFP Preparing for the facilities planning process
- RFP Template. Please contact Michelle Gerner, Michelle.firstname.lastname@example.org for the latest RFP template.
- Review Form Form the system office uses to evaluate campus facilities master plans at various stages of the process.
- Master Plan Update Guide Overview of process and guidelines on how to update Campus Facilities Master Plan.
As the comprehensive facilities planning process gets started, below are some published guidelines for reference.