The Planning and Programming team integrates facilities planning with system-wide academic and strategic priorities. The group is responsible for the development of project requests to the legislature, preparing projects for revenue bond sales, and capital financing, and works with the Design and Construction group for delivery of new facilities, major rehabilitation, and ongoing repair and renewal of existing facilities. Contact Planning and Program for:
Current listings of requests for information, requests for proposal, requests for qualifications for projects, and employment opportunities.
- Capital Budget
Forms, processes and procedures concerning all aspects of the capital budget, such as the HEAPR process, capital budget scoring, and the current capital budget request for the biennia.
- Comprehensive Facilities Plans (formerly Master Planning)
Information on campus comprehensive facilities plans, including the preparation of RFPs, guidelines, and scheduled presentations.
Project predesigns develop the scope and feasibility of a construction project, and is a necessary prerequisite to a capital request.
- Reports, Studies, and Guidelines
Current reports relating to facilities planning, incluing parking, entrance studies, and similar documents.
Training for Capital Renewal/FRRM
- Instructions for updating. (April 2016) Guidebook for annual update of campus backlog and renewal conditions.
- Training Webinar. (April 27, 2016) Sightlines webinar offering a step by step overview of updating backlog and renewal in FRRM.
- Reconciling Roof data with FRRM. (April 2016) Instructions booklet on how to reconcile roofing details in FRRM with details found in the RoofPro Software.
Developing Learning Spaces
- Active Learning Spaces in MnSCU. (April 2016) An overview of Active Learning Spaces within the system.
- Learning Spaces Collaboratory. Excellent resource for research and examples of new facilities geared toward undergraduate learning.
- Society for College and University Planning. Broad spectrum association focused on academic and facilities planning in higher education.
- American Association of Colleges and Universities, Project Kaleidoscope. Focused on STEM learning in higher education.
Categorizing Repair and Replacement and Operations
Fund and Program code definitions and categories.
If you have questions, comments please e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).