Design and Construction
The Design and Construction team is responsible for overseeing the effective and efficient delivery of construction projects for the system in coordination with the colleges and universities. The Design and Construction links for further information are:
Current listings of requests for information, requests for proposal for projects, employment opportunities, and other information related to design, construction, planning and programming of campus facilities.
- Project Management Manual for Design and Construction Comprehensive guide for the campus management of design and construction projects, including most construction contracts.
- Capital Improvement Program (CIP Report)
The reports provide a snapshot in time of capital projects under design and/or construction and provides financial and progress status on their execution. Reports look at progress as of June 30th and December 31st each year.
- Capital Improvement Project Summary (CIPS)
We are excited to rollout new "Capital Improvement Project Summary" reports that will replace Construction project status reports on our website. The reports will continue to include capital projects under design and/or construction phase and will be updated monthly.
- Facilities Design Standards
The Facilities Design Standards are intended to be used by architects, consultants, and campus facilities personnel during the planning, design, and construction of new and remodeled buildings, and for maintenance of campus facilities and infrastructure throughout the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.
- MnSCU Reroofing Design Standards Manual
The Roof Design Standards in this manual enables an Architect to design a reroofing system and produce roof related construction documents for a MnSCU Standard 40-Year Roof that is associated with a new construction or renovation project.
- Master List of Facilities Professional/Technical Consultants
In order to accelerate contracting for Facilities Professional/Technical Consultant services, the System Office (SO) has published a Master List of Facilities Professional/Technical Consultants in the Project Management manual for Design and Construction. Click on #42 for the list.
- Exterior Masonry Design Standards Manual
The Exterior Wall Masonry Standards Manual is intended to outline the standards required of the Architect/Engineer for the design and construction of masonry exterior walls of MnSCU new construction, renovation, or repair projects with materials and details to last the lifetime of masonry: 100 years or more. This guide parallels the design principles and requirments of the currrent edition of the MnSCU Facilities Design Standards.
- Program Managers
System Office staff who work in coordination with college and university staff in hiring architects, owner's representatives and construction firms for project delivery.
- JOC Construction Master List of Contractors
- JOC Instructions and Overview
- JOC Construction Master Contract – Sample
- Div0 – JOC Instructions to C/U for preparation
- Div0 – JOC Table of Contents, Section 00 01 10
- Div0 – JOC Advertisement for Bid, Section 00 11 13
- Div0 – JOC Instructions to Bidders, Section 00 21 13
- Div0 – JOC Agreement Documents by reference, Section 00 52 00
Per Minnesota Statute 177.41 through 177.44, construction workers on State funded construction projects are required to be paid prevailing wage rate.
e-Builder has the Answers
- 11/3/2014 Newsletter
- 12/15/2014 Newsletter
WebEx PowerPoint Presentations
- College and University (Agency Contact) Role in B3/SB2030 Tracking Tool
Presented by Richard Strong, CSBR on 12/16/2014