The Board of Trustees submits a capital request to the state legislature for capital funding during every even-year legislative session. The system-wide Capital Budget is comprised of a request for Higher Education Asset Preservation and Renewal (HEAPR) funding and individual capital projects and initiatives to renew and address changing market conditions, opportunities and strategic direction of our campuses. The process is further sketched out in the following links.
Capital Budget Overview
A summary overview of the capital budget process and how it works.
Capital Planning Process
Capital process diagram which demonstrates the flow of information between the campuses and the System Office.
2014 Capital Budget Information
- 2014 Higher Education Asset Preservation and Replacement (HEAPR). (March 2014) This contains MnSCU's $110 million list of repair and replacement projects organized by campus. Specific projects and costs will depend on the final appropriation level and university facility conditions at the time of appropriation.
- Governor's Bonding Recommendations. Contains Governor Dayton's capital budget recommendations for 2014. MnSCU's recommendation starts on page 19.
- Submitted Projects in the Capital Budget System. The system's capital project documents submitted to Minnesota Management and Budget.
- 2014 Capital Bonding Book. "Building Opportunities: Ensuring Access to an Extraordinary Education for All Minnesotans." This publication describes the system's 2014 capital budget request including project by project descriptions.
- 2014 Capital Bonding Request. Summary list of projects approved by the Board at its June 2013 meeting.
- Hosting a Legislative Tour. This short pdf describes the basics of hosting a legislative tour for a 2014 capital project.
- 2014 Capital Budget Scoring FormDescribes the criteria used to score capital projects for 2014.
- 2014 Capital Budget Schedule
- 2014 Capital Budget GuidelinesApproved April 2012 for the 2014 Capital Bonding scoring.
- Guidelines for Carry Forward ProjectsProjects that have been funded during previous capital bonding cycles require updated details on the submittal.
- Predesign Review FormForm used to evaluate predesigns for complete submittals.
- Predesign Update GuideDocument used to provide guidelines to consultants and campuses when preparing predesigns.
2014 Capital Budget and Initiatives Formsgregory.firstname.lastname@example.org
2013 Capital Budget Information
The system submitted a request to the Legislature that includes projects that were left unfunded in the 2012 Capital Bonding request. The legislature declined to include any MnSCU projects in the 2013 bonding bill.
2012 Capital Budget Information
- 2012 CPMI Building Projects Inflation Schedule
(Projected Rates For FY 2011-2012)
- 2012 Capital Budget Request Bonding Book
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
Building Futures: Renewing and Protecting Minnesota's Assets
- 2012-2017 Capital Budget Request Approve 9/12/2011
- 2012-2017 Capital Budget Request for Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
- 2012 - 2017 Capital Budget Guidelines
approved by the Board of Trustees - May 19, 2010
- 2012 Capital Budget Schedule (Revised 10/1/2010)
2012 Capital Budget Forms
- 2012 Scoring Sheet (Revised 8/19/2010)
- 2012 Project Narrative (Revised 9/10/2010)
- 2012 Capital Budget Spreadsheets (revised 8/31/2010)
- Building Projects Inflation Schedule
2012 Initiatives information/forms
- Memo - Initiatives for Energy; Classroom and STEM Renovations (dated June 25, 2010)
- 2012 Initiative Scoring sheet (8/19/2010)
2011 Capital Budget Information
2010 Capital Budget Information
- FINAL 2010 Capital Bonding Result
- 2010 - 2015 Capital Budget Request for Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (link to the Minnesota Management & Budget Web site)
- Concrete Investments: Building Jobs, Knowledge, and Opportunity (pdf)
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities' 2010 Capital Budget Request (September 2009)